Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Weeks 5 and 6?

Wondering where I've been? Thinking I fell off the wagon? haha Well, if thats what you thought... you were kinda right. Let me explain...

I think EVERYONE can agree that when you're dieting, you get to a point where you get sick of it and want to 'cheat' a little bit. Well, I may have got to this point at the end of my first month. So I thought about this, and decided something I want to bring to attention. Anyone can follow a calorie plan and lose weight. But what happens as soon as your target weight is reached? You go back to eating 'normal'. Which usually means one thing- weight gain. I decided that learning to MAINTAIN weight is just as important, if not MORE important than just losing the weight in the first place. As I was feeling those 'screw this diet urges' I made the decision to take a little break from the calorie restriction and learn to maintain! I raised my calorie limit to what the average woman of my height should be eating daily and even treated myself to some well deserved cravings, such as Costa Vida, Mmmmmmmmmm. And guess what? Success! I just completed two weeks of maintenance and am within 1/2 a lb of the weight I was when I started.

With that said, I am going BACK AT IT this week, ready to kick the weight loss off again! 1,000 calories a day, lots of water, and if I can get a volunteer to join me, i'm going to YOGA!! (come on, anyone?)

Goal for this week, 3 lbs. down!

1 comment:

  1. This totally just motivated me! I have been using myfitnesspal since mid July and have successfully lost half of my goal weight! I've been maintaining (and not using myfitnesspal) since the beginning of October and I really need to kick the rest of my weight! My goal was to lose 20 pounds and I've lost 10. I platued, got discouraged and didn't want to try anymore. But reading about your success and your advice makes me want to get back at it! Thanks!
    PS: I bought a Jillian Michaels Yoga DVD, sounds totally cliche and old school, I know, but I have LOVED it! It kicks my butt every time, but I love the feeling that lingers for the rest of the day! Oh and congrats on your weight loss! That's awesome! Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete